Saturday, January 7, 2012

Personal Goals For 2012...

I'm not one for new year's resolutions, however I do think that the beginning of the new year is a great time to reflect on the one that just past and to set goals for the new one.  I generally tend to keep these goals to myself, but I was thinking that maybe if I share them this year I'll be more likely to actually achieve them...  Assuming you guys would be so kind as to hold me accountable for them.  ;)


1)  GET MORE INVOLVED AT CHURCH AGAIN.
I used to be extremely involved at church.  It's true that I'm a bit of an off-and-on service attender. There's something about hour-long, early morning services that simply doesn't work for me.  (I zone out then then begin to ponder as to whether or not I have something along the lines of adult ADD.) But if I was not attending service regularly, you would find me at my church's college group devotional each week.  I would be involved with events going on at church, with the college group, and with my kiddos.  However, I've drifted lately and now I'm generally only involved one night during the week while I teach the church kids at the Wednesday night program.  I miss it.  I miss the fellowship with the other members, but most of all I miss the close relationship with God.  I'm coming back in 2012.  If I accomplish only one thing this year, my prayer is that this is that one thing.



2)  LOSE SOME WEIGHT.
I packed on the pounds this past year for several reasons, but I'm determined to get back to my comfortable weight.  The worst part of putting on extra pounds is that it puts a damper on my self esteem.  I end up feeling gross and hate the way I look in pictures.  I don't want that for the year to come, so I'm aiming to lose 20 pounds.  That will put me back to where I was when I felt comfortable with my weight.


3)  GET MY ETSY BUSINESS UP AND RUNNING.
Not just up and running but making sales regularly, too.  After a little while of having people ask me if I ever sold the handmade cards I make, I started toying with the idea of opening a shop on Etsy.  It's worth a shot, right?  I think it's something that I'd really enjoy doing.  And let's face it, anything to help with textbook costs would be just grand.



4)  WRITE POETRY.
Writing has always been a big part of my teenage and adult life.  I write poetry.  I write lyrics.  And I write to express my emotions.  Thoughts of sadness, happiness, grief, anger, and confusion all fill the pages of my poetry journal.  New entries to said journal are badly needed, and having another creative outlet is never a bad thing.



5)  REVISIT MY MUSIC LISTENING DAYS.
In high school listening to music was a huge outlet for me.  In years since, I've lost my nack for finding new indie music.  The unknown bands are always my favorite kind.  Watching them blow up and become famous is great too.  But when they sell out?  Not so great.



So now that I've shared my personal goals for 2012, tell me yours!  Do you have one major goal for the year?  Or do you have multiple goals like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment