Thursday, November 10, 2011

Construction Paper Turkey...

If you look for me on Wednesday nights, you'll find me teaching the kids at my church.  Our Wednesday night program takes a break over the holidays though, so this week I decided to get a head start on our Thanksgiving craft projects.  I could have found something in a lesson book or looked for a craft template on the internet, but instead I decided to draw up my own little construction paper turkey for the kids to cut out and put together.  Of course, all my lesson planning is completely last minute due to the fact that I am one of the world's greatest procrastinators, so I was hustling and bustling to get all my pieces traced and ready for my kids.  Luckily, my mama was nice enough to help me out with the tracing. Oh, what would I do without my mom?  In the end, everything worked out and I had my craft ready for the kidlings on time.  Whoo-hoo!  I had the kids write one thing they are thankful for on each of the turkey's feathers.  Here is the finished product of the example I made...

Ignore the creases in the feathers.  That happened during the
transport home in my bag.  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment