Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sucker; Not a Blood Sucker...

I'm a reader.  I read for fun, and I read for leisure...  When I have the time.  In general, I try not to get involved in any books with a semi-long series (4 books or more).  I prefer to read individual books simply because I'm a fairly slow reader, and reading isn't exactly that high on my list of priorities.  (Aimlessly surfing the web seems much more appealing most of the time.)  However, I've gotten involved in the Vampire Academy book series; I'm on book 4 right now.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but halfway through the first book I couldn't stop.  Vampires, high school drama, magic, and of course...  A forbidden love interest.  Bring in forbidden love and I'm instantly hooked.  That goes for anything.

 
 

I admit it.  I'm a sucker (not a blood sucker) for vampires.  Vampire movies, vampire TV shows, vampire books.  You name it, I like it.  I'm not quite sure what it is about vampires that appeals to me, but I've been fascinated with the myth from a young age.  The Count on Sesame Street?  Yup, I loved him.  Okay, maybe not that far back but the interest definitely grew once I became a teenager.  I know what you're dying to ask; was I into the Twilight series?  Yes I was.  I almost passed it up since it was the "in" thing of the time.  But like I said, I can't say no to things involving vampirism, and I definitely  can't say no to stories of forbidden love.

No comments:

Post a Comment